Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Art 101

This is a painting I just finished, the paint is probably still a bit wet! I haven't painted anything in a while and I feel a bit rusty but here goes. I have always been a bit reticent to show my work. Art being subjective, I have always looked at what others do and compared myself unfavorably. I know it is silly. I used to do shows and sold a lot of work, my husband had to work them with me. I was so afraid that others would hate what I did. They didn't. They bought it. I got away from my art when homeschooling my daughters began to take up a lot of my time and I just never seemed to find the time to get back to it. It was always there in the back of my mind though, and this summer, this time that I have off from my "real job" I have decided to dedicate to getting back into my creative side. Seeing the wonderful things posted on other blogs has helped. The kindness of other bloggers has made me brave enough to post my work. So this is it, my toe in the water. My hat in the ring, so to speak. This is my first attempt at painting in a long time. I can't say I am entirely happy with it. I can't say I won't go back and work on it some more, it may actually be unfinished! I will eventually put some of my work on ebay and see what others have to say. It feels good to be back.

5 comments:

  1. You have nothing to be afraid of with your art. That piece is wonderful. If you make any changes, please be sure to share it again so we can see what you've done. You work is very good and I hope you will share more with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent Kathy, you are a very talented woman, but we knew that. LAS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Kathy! I love it!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love your painting. Really love it. I hope to get started painting this next year when my youngest starts full day school. I'd love to be able to create something as beautiful as what you made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy,

    This painting would make a wonderful fabric design. Just erase the background and make it an 8" x 8" upload it to Spoonflower and make it any kind of repeat you like.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)