Saturday, November 14, 2009

A Sunrise, Some Pillows and Porch Love ♥

Excuse the blurriness of this photo and focus (haha) on the colors of this mornings sunrise.  I always thought the old saying was "Red sky at morning, sailors take warning" meaning bad weather right? But it has been a glorious sunny warm day. I happened to see this out my kitchen window this morning while pouring that first cup of coffee and I had to run out and try to capture it. I didn't do a very good job but goodness it was beautiful!

So today, I decided to get some outdoor work done while it is still indian summer.  I cleaned off the front porch, mopped the muddy steps, and ran out in the woods to clip some evergreen branches for a swag for the front door.  I checked my extensive stash of Christmas ribbon and found the last piece of this Christmas toile to tie around the branches then added some of last years pics.  Not bad for free if I do say so myself. I think I'll look for some sparkly branch pics that I know I have, it needs a little something glittery:>)

I took the chair out of the front garden where it had been holding a potted flower all summer. It was white but I wanted to use some bright red tartan on the porch this year so I grabbed my spray paint and gave it a quick once over in black.  I found the flannel tartan remnant for a song at JoAnnes, stapled it to the removable seat and I love it! Festive and cute!

Want to know what else is festive & cute? These pillows that went on etsy this morning. More in the works so I hope to list them this week as they are finished, then I will have to call it quits for the season so I can concentrate on gifts for the family.  I hope weather where you are is as fine as it is here. I'm heading back outside while I can to enjoy the day:>)  Enjoy yours too!

21 comments:

  1. Oooooh, Kathy, I love your vignette for the porch! I just love plaids. You are sooooo very talented, chickee!
    Love it.
    xoxo,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the black painted wicker with the new tartan seat! Your swag is wonderful too. Where in the world did you find that wonderful ribbon?
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very eye-catching! I love the tartan plaid on the black wicker :) How about some old ice skates for the porch? I'm so mad at myself for passing up a pair at a sale...:(
    Your pillows of course are amazing. I know you'll make some great things for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your christmas porch vinette! Such a warm welcome to visitors.
    Blessings!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey mom! sheesh, nothing can stop you from redecorating NONSTOP. It's ok though, because I always think it's super pretty :). I love you super super much, and I keep trying to send you videos and it just won't work!!! grrr... I love you tons!!!! xoxoxoxo
    ~Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, this is such a beautiful post! It warms my soul like chicken noodle soup :) Plaids are so cozy and I adore your porch!!!
    The pillows are just beautiful, as always!!
    Love,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Echoing the thoughts of everyone else, I love the look of your chair with the tartan - and your swag is wonderful. I'm thinking I'll be doing something similar. I have two kinds of greens in my yard and will get some holly and a pik or two, add some ribbon and be ready to welcome guests at my door. Thanks for your inspiration - I always love to see what you are doing and I leave here ready to get busy on my projects. ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the chair! Tartan plaid just says winter/Christmas to me. I'm sure those pillows will be snapped up quickly. I love mine!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy~~

    You got a lot done today. Wow!! You work fast!! I love the swag, even as it is and I can't believe how fast you are with a staple gun!! wow!! And a 'once over' with spray paint...lol. That is an all day fuss, fuss, fuss job for me. Gosh, I am really a fuss budget!! ;-)

    Love your pillows and I have been promising to go to your shop for sometime now but ...shhh...I have a bit of money stored away for some Etsy shopping!!

    I think I have something for Tuesday. I am working on it now. Have my fingers crossed it will turn out!!

    Have a great weekend!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. The chair re-do is very cute (as the pillow also is, of course).

    I haven't gotten my first redwork square done yet-but it is started. I'm beginning to realize that my eyesight ain't what it used to be. The joys of getting old! I'll try to remember to bring it on T'giving and show you how it's coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty .... I just love the tartan. Perfect.

    xo,

    annie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I forgot to tell you ...I got the madeleine pan at Bed Bath and Beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  13. o,HOW pretty your porch looks. I love the red plaid...you just showed me exactly what i need to make pillows for my porch swing out of. How Christmas-ey and jolly...can't wait to go get some fabric tomorrow.
    Love it all !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love both the chair and the pillow. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love this idea with the spray paint and red tartan! i have a wicker armchair in my porch and never would have thought of doing this but now i am going to do like you and out with the spray and get me a cushion cover in tartan to tone in with my red front door and black fittings!thanks for this wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Kathy..just how do I do the comment modification on posts over 5 days? I also have noticed I get a little spam on the older posts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Of course, you can make them, sugar. I have no monopoly on them. Yours won't be "copies" because I bought all that fabric there is!!! LOL LOL
    xoxo,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable - just like you!

    Do you know dear one that I think of you EVERY morning as I make my bed and place my WONDERFUL pillow that you made front and center in front of the others?? Yep. It makes me smile each and every time.


    Love,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a delightful Monday morning post for me to read. :)

    I love the plaid chair cushion. It all looks so cozy and pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)